Friday 22 May 2015

Ogura Colour De Quad 四色相思蛋糕 (中英食谱教程)




This is my first attempt making an ogura cake and I was bold enough to try it out in four colours. As usual using only natural colourings as I dislike using artificial colourings made of chemicals. I wanted a pretty looking cake as I was making it for my grandmother's 92nd birthday. 

这是我第一次做相思蛋糕。为了烤出一个亮丽的蛋糕给阿的92岁生日,就很大胆地尝试用四种颜色。跟往常一样,我只选择用天然色素,因为不喜欢用化学而成的人造色素。

Not long ago, I made my Yoga Cotton Cake for granny and she loves it much. This time, I decided to try out the Ogura cake which is also known for it's soft and moist texture. I have named it Ogura Coleur De Quad, a French name which means Orgura with four colours. The four colours batter were poured into the baking mould one after another and baked at the same time. I was really curious how the colours will turn out after baked and was pleasantly pleased and surprised with the nice pattern formation! My granny even gave a thumbs up for the cake! 


不久前,做了瑜伽棉花蛋糕嬤吃,她特别喜欢。这次想尝试这款也有着柔软湿润质感的相思蛋糕给她试,希望她也一样喜欢。 我把蛋糕的四色面糊一层接一层倒入烤模一起烤,蛮好奇烤出来的图案会是怎样的。蛋糕出炉后,我非常满意形成的图案,是不是很漂亮?吃了蛋糕之后还竖起拇指说好呢!

I want to thank my dear hubby here as after hearing how I wished I can have a Blue Pea plant at home so that I can extract natural blue colourings for my bakes, he immediately searched on the internet and bought the plant for me. Here's one flower which bloom yesterday morning after I have plucked out all to make this cake. Isn't it pretty? Looking at it lifts up my mood! :) 








Ogura Colour De Quad 
蛋糕
(recipe adapted and modified from Min's blog)

Ingredients: 

A: 

5 egg yolks (cold)
1 whole egg
50g ​sunflower oi​l​
​60g full cream fresh milk​
1/8tsp salt
70g ​cake​ flour, sifted  (I used premium Blue Jacket cake flour
​ ​

B: 

5 egg white (cold)
80g cast​e​r sugar
1 tsp lemon juice or ¼ tsp cream of tartar

C.
1 tsp pure matcha powder mixed with 1 tbsp hot water
1 tsp beet root powder mixed with 1 tbsp hot water
25 dried blue pea flower petals steeped in 2.5 tbsp hot water for 30 mins, removed the petals. 







食材:

A:
5粒
​黄(冰蛋)

1粒全蛋  
50克 葵花仔油 
60克 鲜牛

1/8茶匙 

70克 低筋面粉,过筛(我用水手牌超级蛋糕粉

B:
5粒
蛋白(冰蛋)
80克 细砂糖 
1小匙 
柠檬汁 ¼茶匙塔塔粉

C:

​1小匙 抹茶粉溶入15ml热水
1小匙 甜菜根粉溶入15ml热水
25​​ 干蓝花/紫蝶豆​花加​入热水,浸泡30分钟除去花瓣

How to extract colour from the blue pea flower:
如何从蓝花取自然蓝色素:
1. Separate the petals from the calyx, wash the petals.
1。分离与洗净花瓣。

2. Pat dry with kitchen towel, let dry in refrigerator.

2。用纸巾拍干,放进冰箱晾干。

3. Steeped the dried petals in hot water for 30 minutes, discard the petals and used the natural colourings in your bakes. 

3。​干花加​入热水,浸泡30分钟除去花瓣,取自然色素做糕点。





Method 做法:


1. Lay baking paper all around the interior of an 18cm x 18cm square (or 8 inch round pan) baking mould then cover around the exterior with *4 layers of aluminum foil. This is to prevent water getting into the mould as cake is baked using the water bath method. Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
*I have tested many times, protecting with 4 layers is the safest as all first 3 layers will have water seeping through, the 4th layer remained dry.  If water has seeped into the cake mould, there will be a layer of hard custard which is kueh-like. 

1。在7寸四方烤摸(或八寸圆模)周围铺上油纸后,在模外包*四层锡纸,以防水进入模内。蛋糕是用水浴法(隔水加热烘烤)烤的。烤箱预热160摄氏度。


*我试过好多次,包四层锡纸最保险,其他三层都会有水渗入,第四层保持干。如果水渗入烤模,蛋糕会有一层像粿的稠密质感。





2. Whisk the egg yolk, whole egg, oil, milk and salt till frothy.

2。蛋黃,全蛋,油,牛奶和盐用打蛋器打至泡泡状。




3. Add in sifted flour and mixed well. Set aside.
3。加入筛过的面粉,拌均,备用。





4. Use an electric mixer to beat the egg white, cream of tartar or lemon juice and sugar till firm peak stage - this stage is in between soft and stiff peak, the meringue holds the peak but the tip flops over. 
4。用电动搅拌器打蛋白,塔塔粉或柠檬汁和糖,直到中性发泡。这个蛋白阶段是在湿性发泡与硬性发泡中间。中性发泡拉起打蛋头,蛋白糊有个短一些的尖,会弯下来。




5. Use a silicon spatula to mix the egg yolk mixture and meringue together. Divide equally into 4 bowls.
5。用硅胶刮刀把蛋黄糊和蛋白霜混合均匀,平分四碗。




6. Use spatulas to mix in the matcha paste, beet root paste and blue pea extract into each portion evenly. 

6。 用硅胶刮刀用切拌方式把抹茶,甜菜根和蓝花色分别混入面糊。




7. Pour each layer of coloured batter into the baking mould. Drop the baking mould gently on the table to remove any big air bubbles. Fill hot water up to 70% of the outer baking pan or up to 1/3 of baking mould.

7。四色面糊一层一层倒入烤模。倒完烤模轻震一下,震掉大气泡。热水注入到烤盘的7分满或是到烤模的3分之一处。




8. Put into preheated oven mid bottom rack , using water bath* bake at 160 degree Celsius for 30 minutes before lowering temperature to 150 degrees Celsius and baked for another 30 minutes.   

8。放入预热烤箱中下层,用水浴法*,以160摄氏度上下火烤约30分钟,温度降低到150摄氏度继续烤约多30分钟。




9. Remove the baking pan from the oven, invert the cake on a cooling rack and let cool before consuming. Chill it for better taste. 

9。 烤好后,取出烤盘,再取出烤模。蛋糕倒扣在凉网散热。冷却后即可吃或放入冰箱冷藏口感更佳。

Love my Mastrad Orka Mittens which is made of flexible premium silicon and able to withstand up to 250°C. It gives me maximum comfort with its super soft cotton lining which is removable for washing and provides maximum protection as it prevented my hands from being scalded when the hot water spills onto my water-proof mittens when carrying the baking tray out of the oven.







Do give this recipe a try. If you like it, share the recipe using the social media buttons below. You may also like to subscribe to Baking Taitai's free newsletter so that you will never miss a new recipe post. You’ll get an e-mail in your inbox each time a new post is published. You can also find Baking Taitai on Pinterest , Facebook, Instagram and Youtube for the latest updates.



“It takes time and effort to compose or translate recipes, I would appreciate it if you do not copy and pass it off as your own recipe. If you wish to share or adapt any of the recipes that I have posted in this blog, please provide a link back to the relevant post here. Thank you.”
编写或翻译食谱需要时间和精力的,请不要复制或将它作为自己的食谱。如果你想分享部落格的任何食谱,请提供在这的相关链接,谢谢。"

© Copyright 2015 bakingtaitai.blogspot.sg

5 comments :

Karen Luvswesavory said...

Hi Cheryl,
Lovely 4 colours Ogura cake!

Unknown said...

Hi, may i know is it using 8" square baking pan?

Baking Taitai said...

Hi Celine, yes this recipe is for an 8" square pan.

Unknown said...

Hi Cheryl, ur cake look so pretty n delicious!Can I check with you do you use oven thermometer when u bake? Or u just adjust ur digital oven to fan 120 degree? Btw is it better to add the different powder into the egg yolk batter first or combine egg yolk n meringue then add the different powders. I scare deflate the meringue powder if stir too much. Sorry for so many qns. My 2 ogura cake all fail. Lol.
Regards, Janice

Baking Taitai said...

Hi Jan, sorry for the late reply as I just return from overseas after a month's vacations. I do not use oven thermometer when I bake as my digital oven's temperature is quite accurate. I only lower the temperature to top/bottom heat 150 degrees (I don't use fan mode when baking cakes) after baking 30 minutes. You can either add the different flavoured powders at egg yolk stage or later, it doesn't matter so it's up to you. ;)